Last time we talked about the direct route to confessing to your best friend.
However maybe you feel the time’s not right or you’re not ready to tell him. Don’t worry, this is natural, however there are still some things you can do to help make him fall for you. This we can call the ‘make him fall for you‘ plan:
If he is your best friend, remember that he views you as a friend first and a girl second. So you have to make sure that he sees you as a girl first and a friend second. This will make it a lot easier for for him to confess to you if he likes you.
We’re trying to make him make the first move. I know this is especially hard as you are bursting inside to tell him your feelings. Even if you are ready to confess sometimes it is a good idea to use this ‘indirect route’ to see how he reacts. Here is how to do it. Remember you’re trying to make him see you as a girl first and a friend second:
Body language is very important. Scientific studies have show that guys subconsciously pick up on body language signals so we can try to use this to our advantage! Use these steps as guidelines:
- Look him in the eyes when you speak to him. Not a psycho stare and don’t try to kill him with your eyes. Just a normal look for a bit longer than usual to keep eye contact. Guys are attracted to eye contact.
Touch him accidentally
- Don’t be afraid to *accidentally* touch him. The Japanese/Koreans have something they call ‘skinship’ which is a combination of the words ‘skin’ and ‘relationship’. What ‘skinship’ means is building up a relationship with a person through touching them. This concept is quite popular in Japanese anime. Touch him on the arm, accidentally brush against his hand… help him remove a stray hair from his face or neck…. Your aim here is to build up more physical intimacy to make him realise that you are a potential girlfriend!
Set the scene
- Make sure you get to spend time with him alone and that he’s not with his buddies.
- Try to do things that a normal couple would do and before you know it the idea will be in his head that you two could be an item.
- Use WhyArentWeDating. This will alert him to the fact that he’s got an admirer and put him in the mood thinking that he has a crush. He will think about who has sent him this and may speak to you about it. This gives you the perfect chance for you to hint to him that ‘the person who sent you this may be closer than you think!’
Wear sexy clothes!
- When you know you two are going to be alone make sure you wear clothes which really make you look like a girl such as a skirt or dress.
These things make sure that he knows that you are a girl. It will put the idea in his head (if it wasn’t there before) that you are a potential girlfriend! Also, your situation is hard enough already so don’t fall into these common traps:
Things NOT to do when trying to make your friend fall for you (When NOT to confess to a friend)
- Don’t confess your love when he’s around his mates (he’ll feel uncomfortable).
- Don’t tell him you’ve fallen for him do it right after he’s broken up with his gf.
- Don’t act like you’re one of his guy friends. Don’t try to be one of the boys or he’ll never see you as a girl first!
- Don’t talk to him about anything that might gross him out. Like … don’t tell him you have diarrhoea.
If he doesn’t react after a while or ask you out then you may still have to pluck up more courage and take the direct way to confess to your best friend.
Remember there is no set way to tell someone that you like them. When the moment feels right and natural then have courage and strike while the iron is hot! Remember that there is always a risk of rejection in everything that we do. I tend to be very positive though – if there’s a chance that you could be happy with him then go for it!